In the place of incalculable losses, you would gain a sick, weak, unsociable, taciturn, gloomy, stiff, almost hopeless man who possibly has but one virtue, which is that he loves you.
In list format, just because. List from 6/3/15, posted and updated 6/17/15 because busy. Will update as completed.
Things I Want to Watch
- Netflix’s Daredevil
- Netflix’s Sense 8
- Hannibal (catch up on Season 2, Season 3 starts this month)
Spy Love & Mercy Testament of Youth
- Tu Dors Nicole
- A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence
When Marnie Was There
- Madame Bovery (despite the mediocre reviews, because it’s a period film)
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
- (Re-watch) A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night (w/ my baby boo D.Lee)
- The Tribe (won 24 awards, including 3 at Cannes!)
- Infinitely Polar Bear
- Hippocrates, Diary of a French Doctor
The philsopher who could not philosophize feared that his children would inherit from him the sad gifts that were his treasure and his curse. “To be thin-skinned, farsighted, and loose-tongued,” he said, “is to feel too sharply, see too clearly, speak too freely. It is to be vulnerable to the world when the world believes itself invulnerable, to understand its mutability when it thinks itself immutable, to sense what’s coming before others sense it, to know that the barbarian future is tearing down the gates of the present while others cling to the decadent, hollow past.”
— The New Yorker
I am so fed up and joyless that not only have I nothing to fill my soul, I cannot even conceive of anything that could possibly satisfy it.