I have this grand idea that I am going to read a great deal of books this year. The intent is always there and then I end up reading only a handful of books every year instead of hitting double digits.
The list of books I would like to stick to or am aiming to read are these:
- The Goldfinch
- Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World
- Red Rising
- House of Leaves
- Stone Mattress: Nine Tales
- The Invention of Solitude
- Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage
- The Book of Strange New Things
- Missing Person
- The Book of Disquiet
That’s all I have for now. The elusive 12th book (at the hopeful pace of 1 book a month) I’m sure will come to mind sooner or later.