As is my new yearly norm, I suffer some major New Year’s Resolutions set backs: mainly, that of being sick. But regardless, my pursuit for healthier starts and idealized morning routines has not diminished with the start of a new year. Before creating a run-down of what I would like to accomplish every morning/day/night, I want to list out my goals as they’ve been coming to me in fits and starts as I have yet to write them down.
- Read more, and more often
- At least 12 hours a month
- Hopefully 6-10 books this year
- May have to tweak how many hours that ends up being, but at the moment aiming to read at least 30 minutes a day 5 days a week – when in my day, TBD
- Drink enough water
- Currently using my planner to track water intake
- Utilize my new planner – Erin Condren – I ordered stickers and such so I can get into it
- Create a cleaning routine so that cleaning does not become some monumental task, but more about weekly upkeep
- Yesterday I deep-cleaned my bath tub, and it took several Bar Keeper’s Friend soaks to lift away all the grime (the tubs were most likely never sealed or are just made of some really awful surface that gets dirty fast, and almost NOTHING will clean it – people have posted about it on Next Door, but what can you do!?)
- Printed out a list of household chores so that they are manageable; however, getting Daniel to help out and clean to my level of expectation might be the trickier part. I don’t blame him necessarily, since he is the primary household cleaner-upper due to my long commute, but his “it’s clean-ish” really has caused a lot of the home to accumulate the harder to clean dust, grime, etc. so now I have to full-on deeeeeep clean
- Focus on eating healthier
- A part of this is my love for reading new health trends such as adaptogens, teas, mushroom coffee, kefir, kombucha, etc.
- Tidy up and organize the home – this is currently underway thanks to time off and working from home days, but with my commute coming back to normal, I no longer have time to continue tidying up and it’s causing me a lot of stress
- Shop less, save more
- The complexity of this goal really means it should be two separate goals, but are definitely intertwined as the reason I cannot save more is because I have a habit of shopping for expensive items without any budget in mind
— Well, it’s been 23 days since I last wrote this post. It’s now 2/22 and I have not really used my computer since because work has been absolutely crazy. 🙁 I’m successfully meditating on the weekends, more consciously drinking water (but still, very very very little), taking vitamins daily for a few weeks now, so I mean it’s not all bad, but I’m extremely tired and extremely sad about my work/life lack of balance right now.
Hitting Publish because I don’t want to keep this as a Draft.